Comcast Internet Subscriber? Get a FREE* Wireless N Router!
Comcast is currently offering the all new All-In-One Xfinity Gateway. The new gateway provides a DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem, Wireless Router and MTA (Digital Phone) system. Rumor has it that existing customers may be offered the new gateway in January. They are also pushing their Signature Service calls for installation, but cost may exceed value in this instance.
My suggestion ? If you are not signed up for Digital Phone, Buy a DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem and a Wireless N Router and save the monthly $7 equipment rental fee you are paying. The cost will take about two years to recoup but unless you plan on moving soon, chances are you are stuck with Comcast a while anyway, considering the lack of competition in the broadband arena these days.
The PREVIOUS free wireless router from Comcast has been DISCONTINUED
Comcast offers a FREE* wireless router to Comcast customers that are leasing a High-Speed Internet modem or a Digital Voice modem from Comcast. All you pay is shipping and it must be returned along with your other equipment if you move or go with another provider. If you are currently leasing a router, they will reduce your router fee to $0. The router is a Netgear WNR1000v2, which retails for around $70.
Grab your Comcast bill and visit https://www.comcast.com/wirelessrouter to begin the order process.
- To qualify, you must currently lease a High-Speed Internet modem or a Digital Voice modem from Comcast. Please check your bill to see if you currently lease a modem.
- Qualifying customers can receive one wireless router.
Customers already leasing a router:
- If you currently lease a router from Comcast, you can keep your existing router and your monthly fee will be discounted to $0 a month.
- If you would like to exchange your router, please enter your address below to order a new one. We will send you packaging materials with a prepaid label to return your current router. You will be charged for any unreturned equipment.
- If you currently lease a Comcast Home Networking Gateway device, combination modem and router, you can exchange it for a separate modem and wireless router.
Important information regarding your order:
- One-time shipping and handling fee of $9.95 for a Self-installation Kit or one-time professional installation fee applies.
- Wireless routers are property of Comcast, and must be returned if service is canceled.
- Router availability varies by area.
* you pay $9.95 shipping and the router remains the property of Comcast.